Varicose veins are a dangerous and insidious disease that is advanced with trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis, up to limb amputation. With the appearance of the first signs of the disease can help treat varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies - with the help of herbal decoctions, tinctures and ointments.
What are varicose veins in the legs?
Many older people are well aware of what varicose veins are, although this disease is becoming more common in young people. We are talking about swelling of the veins under the skin, mainly of the legs, the veins swell and become cyanotic, protruding like swellings. When the stage is advanced, cracks and pigment spots appear, venous "clusters" grow, which are sprayed on impact.
It is necessary to use folk remedies for varicose veins of the lower extremities at the first characteristic symptoms:
- pain and fatigue in the legs;
- swelling of the legs;
- night cramps;
- bulging veins;
- bruises and red spots.
Is it possible to treat varicose veins with folk remedies?
So far, discussions have erupted between representatives of official and traditional medicine as to whether folk remedies help with varicose veins. But most doctors tend to believe that in the initial stages and in combination with drugs, decoctions and ointments give good results. This disease is more common in people who spend their working day on their feet, which is why these tools are important to them as a preventive measure.
When choosing components, it is recommended to buy ones that are easy to prepare and can be kept cold for a long time. Folk remedies for varicose veins help:
- removal of swelling;
- improve the elasticity of the venous walls;
- reduce blood viscosity, accelerate blood flow;
- normalize the relief valves.
Folk remedies for varicose veins
There are many recipes for treating varicose veins with folk remedies for leg protection. When the limbs are heavily loaded, it is recommended to pour cold water on them in the evening, to take baths with broths, to wipe the inflamed areas with ice cubes. Contrasting showers and swimming help strengthen veins.
Long-standing folk remedies for varicose veins include the use of herbs in:
- bells and whistles;
- rubbing oil;
Herbs for varicose veins
The main component of such treatment are herbs, in varicose veins of the legs they are used both internally and externally, in combination with drugs and separately, but at the beginning of the disease. During the disease the vessels lose their elasticity, expand, decoctions and tinctures help to restore metabolic processes, strengthen the walls of capillaries.
It is recommended such treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies:
- Heat burdock leaves in a water bath, apply heat to the sore spot, fix the compress overnight. You can repeat it for several days.
- Moisten the dressing with celandine juice and apply in a swollen vein for 4 hours. The course is designed for one week.
- Boil chamomile broth, insist for half an hour. Make a compress at night.
Essential oils for varicose veins
Doctors recommend that even when using herbs to comply with the measure, many plants that offer folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs contain toxic substances, an overdose of which can be harmful. Compresses and decoctions are more effective if you do therapeutic exercises, alternating with a contrast shower.
Proven experience in the treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies includes the use of essential oils, they eliminate pain and swelling, tone and strengthen blood vessels. They are added to baths, compresses and rubbing. It is recommended to mix with base oils: almond, olive, avocado, cocoa, shea, coconut, almond.
The best essential oils for varicose veins:
Recipe from a mixture of essential oils
- juniper essential oil - 10 drops;
- peppermint essential oil - 10 drops;
- almond oil - 1 tbsp.
- Melt the almond oil, cool.
- Mix with essential.
- Rub in sore spots in the evening.
Natural Remedies for Varicose Veins
It is best to use natural folk remedies against varicose veins of the legs, the disease is well treated with a mixture of mummy, pollen and honey, the ratio is 1 to 5 and up to 20. For a single dose the mummy is put 0, 3g, the mixture is taken orally in the morning and evening, the course is designed for a month, then you need a break for 10 days. Relieves pain and swelling, improves blood composition.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies
For many years it has been popular to treat varicose veins in the legs with such folk remedies as flaxseed decoction and apple cider vinegar. The latter contains more than 20 minerals useful for blood vessels, helps to establish blood circulation, relieves swelling and strengthens the walls of veins. It is recommended to take 1 tablespoon per 1 tablespoon of water on an empty stomach. Minus - you can not drink people with high acidity.
A similar situation - with recipes from lemon juice increases the elasticity of blood vessels, it is recommended to drink 1 tablespoon a day. spoon. Good effect gives treatment with folk remedies at home with the help of nettle tincture, which is attributed to the rejuvenating effect, it dilutes the blood, improves blood flow.
Recipe for nettle alcohol tincture
- dried nettle leaves - 6-7 tablespoons;
- vodka - 0, 5 l.
- Pour the raw material with vodka, leave for 2-3 days.
- Drink 1 tablespoon three times daily before meals.
Varicose veins infusions
Not in vain folk recipes for varicose veins pay special attention to nettle, it helps get rid of high platelet count, which is extremely important in this disease. From ancient times the nettle broom was considered the best means, the movement should pass from the legs to the hips. Blood flow is highly activated, but not everyone can tolerate such treatment. Therefore, there is a greater demand for aqueous infusion than this plant.
Recipe for nettle infusion
- dried nettle leaves - 2 tbsp;
- water - 2 tbsp.
- Pour the raw materials into a thermos of boiling water.
- Insist 3-4 hours, drink a third of the volume three times a day.
Broths for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies from decoctions of flowers and fruits. The calculation is based on 30 g of raw materials per 1 liter of water, the mixture is boiled for half an hour, then used for baths or lotions. There are recipes for drinking, but you must take it for at least 3 months, the effect does not appear immediately. Herbal teas help to eliminate inflammation and improve the condition of the veins.
Recipes for decoctions for varicose veins for baths:
- White willow bark.Pour 75 g of dry raw materials with 1 liter of water, cook for 30 minutes.
- Marigold flowers.Grown 4 tbsp tablespoons dried flowers in 0, 5 liters of water, cook 25-30 minutes.
Homemade ointment for varicose veins
Recipes for healing mixtures for such a disease have long been handed down in families, and today many people make an ointment for varicose veins with their own hands, folk remedies are very affordable. It is based on vegetable oils, doctors recommend more olive oil, which contains useful arachidonic acid. Diluted with animal fat, from herbs are added wormwood, willow bark, celandine. You can use a greasy baby cream as a base. Apply the mixture overnight, wash with warm water in the morning.
But it is important to keep in mind that such ointments are useful in a mild form of the disease, if the disease has started, more effective ingredients are needed. Folk remedies for varicose veins recommend horse chestnut, its fruits contain many glycosides that improve capillary permeability, blood circulation and eliminate inflammation.
Horse Chestnut Ointment Recipe
- dried chestnuts - 6 pcs. ;
- dried chestnut flowers - 2 tbsp.
- Grind the fruits and flowers in a blender.
- Drizzle with vegetable oil from 1 to 10.
- Insist in the dark for 10 days.
- Cook for 40 minutes, cool.
- Lubricate sore spots 2 times a day.
Effective traditional methods for treating varicose veins
Varicose veins are becoming more common in the population. The reasons for this are many: from immobility to vascular weakness and heredity. Modern medicine offers many cures for this disease. But many people prefer folk remedies for varicose veins. How effective they are will be discussed in the article.
Bandages, compresses and wraps
In fact, there are many folk recipes for varicose veins. People have long understood that the real cures for many diseases are growing under our feet. And we learned how to use them properly.
Among the traditional methods of treating varicose veins, there are several ways:
- tinctures for ingestion;
- herbal ointments;
- applications, etc.
The treatment of varicose veins at home involves both alternative use of these methods and simultaneous use.
Grated raw potatoes
It's easy to make a compress from raw potatoes, but it should be fresh. The potatoes should be peeled, washed, grated, then placed on gauze or cloth (which must first be soaked in potato juice) and wrapped around the inflamed legs. This compress should last about four hours.
Many people know the recipe for treating varicose veins with unripe tomatoes. There are many positive reviews on the Internet, this tool really helps to get rid of varicose veins at home.
You need to take some green tomatoes, cut them lengthwise. Apply half a tomato on the affected areas, hold until burning sensation.
It is better to treat yourself this way in the summer - winter tomatoes from the store will bring little benefit.
Then remove and insert the other half. Repeat the procedure four times. After two weeks of using this drug, swelling, pain, veins become less noticeable.
At home you can treat varicose veins with bee products (propolis, honey). Folk recipes advise to make honey compresses for varicose veins. A layer of honey should be applied to the tissue and then wrapped around the affected leg.
Keep the compress on the first day for two hours, on the second - three, then - four. And then the compress should be left overnight. After 2 weeks of using this drug, the symptoms of the disease disappear.
Tinctures for rubbing and alcohol
In the treatment of varicose veins, rubbing and oral alcohol are also quite effective.
This recipe for rubbing with honey and onions helps with varicose veins:
- Take half a cup of honey, these should be herbs.
- Grate two onions.
- Mix honey, onion and grated soap.
- Rub the affected areas of the feet with this mixture, wrap with foil.
- Bandage on top.
On the first release, remove the film after two hours, the second after three, the next day after four. You can then leave it overnight. The procedure should be done within ten days to achieve the best possible effect.
There are other effective ways to prevent and treat varicose veins.
Fresh kalanchoe leaves
Only fresh kalanchoe leaves are needed to prepare the tincture. There should be enough to fill a half-liter jar. Then you need to fill the raw material with vodka to the top, close it tightly, put it in a dark place.
After two weeks, strain and rub the inflamed veins on the legs with tincture. This must be done strictly every day, otherwise there will be no result. In a month the stars will disappear.
The large fragrant roots of this marsh plant also help get rid of varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you will need about 3 tablespoons of rosemary roots.
Drizzle with vodka or alcohol, place in a cool place, protected from light for 2 weeks. Then strain, rub the sore feet with this tincture every day for a month. Better to do this before bed. After two weeks, the result of the treatment will be noticeable.
Green, unripe nuts are what you need to treat walnuts. They are removed from the tree in late June-early July. The nuts must be peeled, ground in a coffee grinder or by hand.
Pour 100 grams into a bottle of vodka. It takes ten days to insist in a tightly closed container. Shake the container every day.
They strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, making them strong and flexible, which prevents abnormal dilation or damage.
Tincture can be used both internally and for rubbing. You should drink it twenty drops three times a day half an hour before meals. Drink for ten days, then take a break for the same number of days, then repeat the course.
This drug strengthens blood vessels well, helps reduce swelling and pain, relieves heaviness in the legs. It is able to remove spider veins as well as prevent the appearance of new ones. Rub this tincture on the feet once a day, preferably at bedtime for a month.
Infusions and decoctions
Treatment with folk remedies involves the use of various decoctions, herbal infusions. There are many such recipes. There are many medicinal herbs that can cure varicose veins.
What herbs help with this disease? In the first place - horse chestnut. Each directory has the same information about how useful this plant is for varicose veins. It is able to strengthen the vascular wall, normalize blood circulation, relieve swelling, relieve pain and cramps.
This miraculous plant grows only in the mountains. It is useless to look for it in the middle lane.
Looks like a tree with beautiful pink flowers and round prickly fruits. Tinctures, decoctions, ointments, etc. are prepared from them.
Contraindications to this useful plant:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- chronic kidney and liver diseases;
- hormonal imbalance.
Apart from horse chestnut, other medicinal plants are known for this disease:
- birch (bark and leaves);
- verbena; St. John's wort;
- white acacia;
- plantain and others.
You can offer other recipes for the treatment of the disease.
Antonov apple infusion
Anton's apples are distinguished by their delicate unique aroma and sour taste. But few know that their infusion can help with this disease. To prepare it, you will need 300 grams of Antonov apples.
You have to peel them, cut them, cut the apples. Along with the peel, crushed apples should be flooded with a liter of water and put on low heat.
After the water boils, keep on the fire for another 20 minutes. Then cool, take half a cup of infusion three times before meals. Contraindications to taking this recipe is the increased acidity of the stomach and the tendency to hypertension.
This recipe will require 50 grams of hop cones. They should be poured with half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. Once it boils, hold for a few more minutes.
The finished infusion will need to be rubbed into the skin of the feet from foot to knee for 3 months twice a day.
Then remove from heat, drain, cool. Drink a quarter cup twice a day after meals. You can not use this recipe for those who suffer from low blood pressure, gastritis, pancreatitis.
Collections of several useful herbs are often used to treat this disease. But be sure to check the contraindications before using them.
Some fees worth offering:
- Take the herb yarrow, raspberry root, plantain, chamomile, horse chestnut in equal proportions. Pour half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. Once it boils, remove, leave to infuse overnight. Drink a third of a glass twice a day.
- Horse chestnut, oak bark, birch bark, horsetail, astragalus, immortelle, Iceland moss take in equal proportions, mix, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain, cool. Drink a quarter cup 4 pages a day.
- Take nettle, yarrow, St. John's wort, blush in equal amounts, pour a liter of boiling water, insist. Strain, drink half a cup after meals four times a day.
These recipes should be used for a month, then take a break. After that you can repeat the course. However, you need to watch out for side effects when using these remedies. Skin rash or diarrhea may occur. In this case, the intake of herbs should be stopped.
Varicose veins baths
In addition to the use of various infusions and rubbing, you can make foot baths. At the same time add decoctions of herbs, various essential oils. It is good to add baking soda or apple cider vinegar to the water.
The following herbal bath preparation may be advised:
Take herbs in equal amounts, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain. Pour into a tub (about 5 liters), lower your feet into it. The water should not be too hot. Keep your feet until the water cools completely. Then apply a healing ointment.
It should be remembered that this disease can not be cured by folk remedies alone. Remember to use the medication prescribed by your doctor. Traditional medicine should help only the basic treatment. Its advantage is the minimal number of contraindications.
Treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies
One of the components of complex therapy of varicose veins in the lower extremities is the use of methods of alternative medicine. There is a large list of traditional medicines that help to quickly reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. They are also widely used for the prevention of pathology.
Folk remedies for varicose veins of the legs: the benefits and benefits
Varicose veins refer to vascular pathologies, the development of which can be fatal. Therefore, at the slightest sign of the disease, you should immediately seek qualified medical attention.
Often in medical practice, in the initial stage of the disease, phlebologists, along with drug therapy, recommend the use of traditional medicine. The high popularity of such therapeutic methods is easily explained by a number of advantages:
- They have a strong therapeutic effect.
- Easy to use.
- The minimum list of contraindications.
- A large selection of products allows you to choose the most appropriate recipe for each case.
- The availability of folk remedies.
- Naturalness of the components.
- It has a pleasant aroma.
- Long-term preservation of healing properties.
- Possibility for combined use with methods of conservative therapy and several types of natural remedies.
Despite the high effectiveness in the treatment of varicose veins at home, there are a number of contraindications in which the use of traditional medicine is strictly prohibited. These conditions include:
- Varicose veins.
- Individual intolerance to the components of the natural medicine.
- Dermatological eruptions and other types of skin lesions.
- Chronic pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular the stomach and intestines.
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys.
Ignoring the contraindications for the use of traditional medicine for varicose veins leads to deterioration of general health and rapid development of the disease.
The treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, with their proper and regular use, promotes:
- Elimination of the symptoms of the pathology.
- Strengthening the venous walls and restoring their elasticity.
- Normalize blood and lymph flow.
- Relieve inflammatory processes formed in the affected areas of the veins
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of varicose veins should be done only after consultation with the attending physician. The specialist, taking into account the clinical picture of the disease and the general health of the patient, will select the most appropriate drugs based on natural ingredients.
What helps with varicose veins in the legsUnlike synthetic pharmaceuticals, natural medicines have minimal negative effects on the body in the form of side effects. Therefore, before treating varicose veins with folk remedies, you should undergo a consultation with a phlebologist and naturopath.
Specialists from a wide variety will help you choose the most appropriate remedy for both external and local use.
The following natural ingredients are most commonly used in the treatment of varicose veins in the legs:
- Nutmeg. Helps stimulate blood flow, reduce inflammation from the affected areas of the venous walls. It is used for the daily preparation of the infusion, which should be drunk every morning.
- Vegetable oils. The most effective is olive oil, which contains a high concentration of arachidonic acid. Under its influence, the tone of the vascular walls increases and their structure is strengthened. Oils are the basis of ointments for varicose veins.
- Essential oils: castor, flaxseed, black cumin, garlic and sandalwood. Used for spa treatment and massage. Helps strengthen the walls of blood vessels and eliminate puffiness in the legs.
- Bee products: propolis, honey, sea buckthorn, bee venom. It is used to prepare various types of medicines and procedures. This is due to the presence in their composition of a large number of useful substances that have a therapeutic effect on blood vessels and blood circulation.
- White cabbage. It contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. It is most often used to prepare compresses on the affected areas of the veins.
- Ginger. Effective folk remedy in the fight against varicose veins at any stage of the disease and during prevention. As a rule, it is used for the preparation of medicinal teas and compositions for compresses.
- Fish oil. Oral administration helps to normalize metabolic processes in the body and stabilize body weight, which is important in the treatment of varicose veins. Fats are also effective as one of the components of the compress.
- Blue clay. It is the most optimal of all varieties, as it affects the most affected walls of blood vessels and stabilizes blood flow. Used to make applications.
The list of traditional medicines used to treat varicose veins in the legs is very large. Viburnum, pumpkin, lemon, potatoes, Adam's apple, hydrogen peroxide, sea salt, bodiaga and mummy also have a high therapeutic effect.
When treating varicose veins at home with folk remedies, it is important to have a systemic effect on the body and in particular on the work of the circulatory system. An important factor is the strengthening of the general state of human health.
Medicines based on natural ingredients do an excellent job with these tasks. Oral folk remedies for varicose veins of the legs help to normalize blood flow in the body and strengthen the immune system.
The intake of folk remedies inside should be done exclusively according to the doctor's instructions. Many drugs suitable for treating varicose veins can cause serious complications in the functioning of other organs in the body.
Traditional medicine is not the main treatment for varicose veins in the legs. Systematic use of natural remedies can significantly accelerate the dynamics of recovery and improve the overall condition of the vascular system.