Varicose veins or varicose veins are a disease that is getting younger every year and is one of the pressing problems of our time. If in the initial stages of development the pathology is not too terrible, its progression threatens with serious problems.
Therefore, even if varicose veins are felt, it is very important to start fighting it immediately, not to wait until the disease takes effect. As a treatment in the initial stage, as well as prevention of varicose veins, traditional medicine has proven itself very well, so we will talk about treating the disease at home.
What is varicose veins
Before you start dealing with a problem using various means, it is important to understand what kind of disease we are talking about, what are the mechanisms of its development. Varicose veins mean a pathological process accompanied by deformation of the vessels responsible for transporting blood to the heart.
Deformation, as the name suggests, means dilation, but also elongation of the vein, thinning of its walls, as well as disruption of the venous valve system, which allows the blood to rise, overcoming the force of gravity.
The development of varicose veins is dangerous due to a violation of blood circulation in the vascular bed, which disrupts the systemic circulation and stagnation occurs in the veins themselves. The more advanced the disease, the more serious the consequences, to the formation of subcutaneous hematomas and trophic ulcers, the development of thrombophilia. In most cases, the disease develops in the vessels of the legs, as the lower extremities are subjected to heavy loads.
Activities aimed at strengthening the vessel wall
Taking into account all of the above, it is logical to assume that in order to prevent the progression of varicose veins, it is necessary to stop the process of deformation, this can be done by strengthening the vessel wall. Therefore, we will now look at different techniques to achieve this goal and improve the patient's condition as a whole.
Apple cider vinegar
One of the most common and effective methods of treating varicose veins, but it is very important to use natural apple cider vinegar and not to use acetic acid with flavoring (both options are freely available in stores, readcarefully the description of the label). The recipes look like this:
- Immediately after the bath, just pour your feet with vinegar, where the veins are swollen, then wait until the liquid is absorbed, it is not necessary to wipe it. This procedure will help get rid of the feeling of heaviness and pain.
- In a similar way, you can treat problem areas by rubbing vinegar with light massaging movements. It is better to do this not after a bath, but before bed.
- Wrapping is a very effective method - take 2-3 times rolled cheesecloth, dip it in apple cider vinegar, squeeze lightly and apply on problem areas. Then wrap your feet on the gauze with a towel and wrap it on top with cling film. In this case, it is better to raise your legs above body level. This procedure effectively removes swelling and unpleasant symptoms, lasts about 30 minutes, you do not need to wash your feet after it.
Horse chestnut against varicose veins
Another extremely effective and well-known remedy for varicose veins, with which there are many recipes, we will consider the most effective:
- Tincture of vodka or alcohol - for cooking you need 50 grams of fruit, cut into small pieces, right in the peel. Put them in a glass jar, fill with 250 ml of alcohol or vodka, then close the lid tightly and leave in a cool warm place for 14 days, remembering to stir occasionally. After this period, strain the tincture and take within 3 weeks, 15 drops before meals, three times a day.
- There is also a product for external use and for its production, 5 whole chestnuts and 5 tablespoons of inflorescences of this plant. Grind the indicated ingredients with a blender or coffee grinder, mix thoroughly with 500 milliliters of vegetable oil (sunflower oil is good). Then soak the resulting mixture for 2 hours in a water bath, wait until it cools and store in the refrigerator in a glass container. The method of application is simple, rub the ointment 1-2 times a day in problem areas of the feet.
Treating the disease with the most affordable vegetables
Vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage have long proven their effectiveness in the treatment of varicose veins, which can be actively used for external use. In this case, the treatment methods are as follows:
- Tomato- Cut a few tomatoes into thin slices and place them on your feet where you can see the swollen dishes. Then wrap your feet with some cloth and do not wrap tightly on top elastic bandage, the compress can stay even overnight.
- Potatoesis the most democratic and at the same time very good method. You will need potato peels, which should also be applied to the feet with a light side down, you can just apply an elastic bandage on top and not remove the compress for 2-3 hours.
- Cabbageis used similarly to potatoes, but before applying them on the legs, you need to make very small cuts on the leaves of this vegetable, tracing them with a knife. It is also recommended that the side of the cabbage leaf, which is adjacent to the foot, be lubricated with vegetable oil.
Perhaps there is no industry in folk medicine in which bee waste products are not used. Apitherapy means the use of propolis, honey, beeswax. Given the fact that almost everyone has honey in the kitchen, consider one of the best ways to use it for varicose veins:
- Take baking parchment and apply honey on it, not in a thick layer, literally no more than 2 millimeters. Then attach the honeycomb to the area of the legs where traces of varicose veins are visible, and wrap it with plastic wrap on top. The next layer of the compress is fixed with an elastic bandage, it should stay on its feet for about two hours. However, in the course of therapy, which lasts 30 days, every day, in the absence of side effects on the skin, the application time is increased by an hour. Eventually, the compress is applied overnight and removed only in the morning.
Apply laundry soap
Laundry soap is a natural product that, although it has an unpleasant odor, consists only of water, clay, sodium and animal and vegetable fats. Thanks to this chemical composition, the soap helps to relieve swelling, inflammation, even remove vascular "stars" and prevent the appearance of trophic ulcers. You can deal with varicose veins with laundry soap in different ways, but it is best to make ointments and compresses:
- To prepare a compress, you will need to insist 10 tablets of acetylsalicylic acid in 250 milliliters of vodka for 2 days (only in a glass jar with a tightly closed lid). After 2 days in the resulting solution mix 25 grams of soap, cut into small pieces. Then moisten the folded cheesecloth several times in the solution and place it on the problem area of the foot, hold it for no more than 60 minutes. This method will relieve pain, relieve inflammation and eliminate swelling.
- Ointment - in addition to soap, this recipe includes vegetable oil (150 ml), propolis (100 g) and beeswax (100 g). First, grate 150 grams of soap, then pour sunflower or olive oil into the resulting sawdust, then add propolis, honey and mix everything well. Now place the mixture in an enamel or glass container on a water bath and stir until the mixture is completely homogeneous. Once the ointment is ready, place it in a sealable glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Rub the ointment every day in those places on your legs where varicose veins are visible, it is better to do this before bedtime and in order not to stain your laundry or things, tie the treated area with a bandage.
The benefits of acacia flowers
White acacia flower tincture is very popular, which also effectively treats varicose veins in the early stages. To prepare it, take 100 grams of dry acacia paint and pour the raw materials into a glass jar with 500 milliliters of vodka, then place them in a dark cool place for 21 days, not forgetting to stir from time to time. Once the time is up, add a slice of grated lemon to the tincture and keep for another week. With the resulting tincture you should wipe your feet in the morning and evening in those places where varicose veins are located.
Of course, to treat varicose veins at home, resorting only to the help of traditional medicine, it is reasonable only in the early stages of the disease. But even in this case, it is worth consulting a doctor before using any remedy.
In addition, doctors give a number of recommendations, which in combination with the chosen method of therapy will improve the patient's condition and reduce the likelihood of developing pathology:
- Proper nutrition - it is very important to try to eat healthy food, excluding from the diet fatty, fried, smoked, sweet, salty and sour foods. To improve your condition, give preference to vegetables, dietary meats, dairy products, vegetables and fruits. Beets, tomatoes, cabbage, sorrel, citrus fruits, blueberries, blackberries, blackcurrants are especially useful for varicose veins.
- You can stop the disease with the help of special compression stockings, in other words, patients with any form of varicose veins should wear compression underwear.
- Lead an active and active lifestyle, do sports, it is best to give preference to yoga, swimming, light gymnastics. Exercise daily or find a physical therapy instructor.
- It is also worth consulting your doctor about the use of drugs, as in combination with traditional methods such treatment will give much better results.