Varicose veins are a disease of the blood vessels in which their walls become thinner. As a result, the veins lengthen and dilate, pathological nodules form and blood flow is disrupted. Varicose veins of the legs are most often diagnosed. But the hands often suffer. There are also varicose veins of the uterus in women, testicles in men. It is not easy to normalize the situation - it is often necessary to resort to surgery. But in the early stages of the disease varicose veins can be treated with folk remedies.
Alternative medicine knows many ways to strengthen and repair blood vessels. These are diets, exercises, various decoctions, infusions, compresses. They are all safer than pharmaceuticals, so many people prefer to make only natural remedies. But it is important to remember that in advanced situations, traditional medicine can only be used as an adjunct. In any case, such treatment should be agreed with the doctor.
Behavioral characteristics of a person suffering from varicose veins
When treating varicose veins and thrombophlebitis with folk remedies and more traditional methods, one must adhere to a certain way of life. The fact is that behavioral errors often lead to the development of the disease and they must be eliminated.
What to look out for first:
- Clothes. Tight jeans and tight belts make it difficult for blood to flow through the veins. It is better to choose shoes with small heels. Spikes and a completely flat sole worsen the situation with varicose veins of the lower extremities.
- Physical activity. It must be present in life - but in moderation. Heavy loads are excluded, but complete passivity will also bring harm. Regular walks in the fresh air, cycling, swimming in the pool are encouraged. If work is stuck, you need to take frequent breaks - get up and take at least a few steps around the room. The chair or stool should be as comfortable as possible. Prolonged sitting especially worsens the situation with varicose veins of the pelvis.
- Water Procedures. Hot tubs for this disease are extremely undesirable, but more often you need to take a contrast shower - it improves blood circulation.
- Cosmetic procedures. It is better to refuse electrolysis and waxing.
- Bad habits. Alcohol and smoking significantly worsen the situation with varicose veins.
In the course of treatment with folk remedies for the treatment of reticular varicose veins of the lower extremities and other parts of the body, only proper nutrition can slow down the process. And maybe no more money will be needed. And in more severe forms, the therapeutic diet will speed up the healing process.
The patient's diet should be plentiful:
- vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C;
- seafood, seaweed;
- foods rich in fiber;
- rose hips, gooseberries, blackcurrants;
- vegetable oil;
- parsley, dill;
- offal (liver, heart, tongue).
It is recommended that you unsubscribe from:
- salt - exclude it at least for the period of active treatment or minimize it;
- fried, smoked;
- meat (especially pork);
- marinated dishes;
- strong tea;
- pastries and sugar.
For varicose veins you should drink very clean water (not carbonated). Green and herbal teas are also helpful. It is recommended to start your meal with a light vegetable salad seasoned with vegetable oil. And you have to finish it while you are a little hungry. Overeating is very harmful to vascular disease.
In advanced varicose veins treatment with folk remedies and other methods should be fixed by wearing special underwear.
Compression tights, knee-high socks, leggings and other knitwear compress varicose veins, increasing pressure and speeding up blood flow. This significantly reduces the risk of blood clots.
Such underwear should be selected under the guidance of a physician. In terms of effect, there are different types of compression knitwear. For the purpose of prophylaxis, lower pressure is needed, and in the later stages of varicose veins, increased pressure.
Usually the jersey is worn in the morning - immediately after waking up and taken off before bed. But you can't wear it around the clock.
Compression garments are contraindicated in case of heart and lung failure, atherosclerosis, orthoarteritis, bedsores, dermatitis, skin allergies, open wounds. It is prescribed with caution to people suffering from diabetes.
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of gymnastics in the treatment of varicose veins, which is often the result of a sedentary lifestyle. Special exercises improve the flow of blood and lymph through the vessels, tone and strengthen their walls, normalize blood pressure and make a person more resilient. Gymnastics is especially indicated for those who spend a lot of time in a sitting position. Experts recommend doing it in the morning and evening, taking thirty minutes for this.
Exercises for different types of diseases:
- Practically all types of varicose veins show such gymnastics: in a supine position bend one lower limb and pull it to the chest; then stand up, pull and hold for a few seconds. Then lower and repeat the same movements with the other leg.
- It is also considered a universal exercise, during which you should, sitting on a chair and propping your heels on the floor, make versatile movements with your fingers.
- Suitable for all patients and "swallowing". Stand up, stand up, stand on tiptoe and spread your arms. Then exhale and take one leg back. Repeat with the other limb.
- For varicose veins of the legs, it is useful to perform a very simple exercise: lie on a hard surface, placing a pillow under your feet. At the same time it is important to relax as much as possible, to close your eyes, to breathe deeply and evenly. Lie down like this for 10-15 minutes.
- In the treatment of folk remedies for varicose veins of the pelvis (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries), exercise "bike" will help. Lying on your back, you should make rotational movements with your legs, imitating riding. It is also recommended to regularly do "scissors", including cross (horizontal and vertical) movements of the legs in a supine position.
- It turns out that men suffering from varicose veins of the testicles stand on their toes more often, staying in this position for 20 seconds, and then abruptly "land" on their heels. This will allow you to fight congestion in the veins of the genitals.
Traditional medicines should be used in conjunction with diet, exercise and lifestyle. They are more gentle than pharmaceuticals and are much cheaper. Of course, it is not always possible to deal only with folk recipes. In advanced cases, this is excluded. But even in the most difficult situations, they will not be superfluous.
The main goal of traditional medicine is to prevent congestion in the veins. Various decoctions, ointments, creams, compresses and other home remedies are used for this. The recipes for the most effective are given below.
Medicinal tinctures during the treatment of varicose veins have internal and external use.
The following tools worked well:
- Kalanchoe effectively treats vascular diseases of the lower extremities. The leaves of this plant should be crushed, filled with medical alcohol in a ratio of 1: 1 and left for some time, tightly closing the container. After a few days, the tincture can be rubbed into the affected skin. The vascular network will disappear.
- Horse chestnut is used in the treatment of varicose veins of the uterus with folk remedies. You will need 50 grams of its flowers, which should be filled with vodka or alcohol. Insist for 14 days, shaking occasionally. Take orally 2 tablespoons three times a day a few minutes before meals. The duration of the course is one week.
- Another recipe for the treatment of pelvic pathologies (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries) is a tincture of a mixture of herbs. You need to take in equal proportions dandelion root, horsetail, knots, chamomile, motherwort and clover and combine all this (you can buy a ready-made collection at the pharmacy). 2 tablespoons of the mixture is poured with 0, 5 liters of boiling water and leave in a thermos overnight. Take orally four times a day for 50 grams.
- For varicose veins of the testicles in men, treatment with folk remedies includes an infusion of birch leaves and strawberries, sweet clover and oat straw. All this is crushed, mixed in a ratio of 1: 1 and then one tablespoon of the collection is poured into 600 ml of boiling water. Insist 30 minutes. Strain. Take 0, 25 cups three times daily before meals. The duration of the course is one month.
Compresses work for varicose veins, not worse than tinctures. Various ingredients are used for their preparation. Most of them are always at hand.
Here are the simplest and most affordable recipes:
- Tomato compress.Fresh vegetables are finely chopped and applied with gauze on the affected area. You can fix the compress with an elastic bandage. Hold for a few hours. Then, updating, repeat two more times. The procedure is harmless and suitable for daily use.
- Green compress.This requires regular vegetables. A leaf of white cabbage should be smeared with soap and applied to the sore spot, which should first be sprinkled with baking soda. Secure with a bandage, leave overnight.
- Alcohol compress.Moisten warm socks with vodka, put them on steamed limbs. Leave it overnight. The product effectively improves blood circulation.
Different types of decoctions are mainly used to relieve pain. They are especially effective when it comes to internal forms of the disease (eg varicose veins of the uterus), and the use of external agents is impossible.
- Nettle tea.Two tablespoons of dry crushed plant are poured with 200 ml of water and boiled. Cool naturally and drink a quarter cup three times a day. The duration of the course is one month.
- Marigold broth.Pour a few tablespoons with a glass of water and bring to a boil. You can add honey during the cooling process to taste. Allow to sit for 30 minutes and drink a few hours before your morning meal. You can drink the next glass in a few hours. And so several times a day. The course of treatment is one month.
Attach and rub
In the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies in the initial stage are actively used friction and application. They help to remove the "web" of blood vessels and slow down the development of the disease.
Here are some ways:
- One of the most effective remedies against varicose veins is apple cider vinegar. Dilute in an amount of 2 tablespoons with a glass of water, then moisten with gauze and apply on the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Boil the potato peels. They are then cooled, ground and applied to the "star" of the dishes for several hours.
- You can also bring a glass of water to a boil with 2 tablespoons of chamomile or wormwood. Rub into affected skin after cooling.
Folk remedies are good for various diseases in the initial stage. Compared to the methods of traditional medicine, they have a gentler effect on the body, have fewer side effects and contraindications. They are actively used in the case of vascular pathologies: varicose veins of the uterus, lower and upper limbs, testicles. Especially at the very beginning of the development of these diseases.
It is mandatory to consult with your doctor to achieve the best result. It will tell you which tools are best suited for use in a particular situation. When using traditional medicine, you have to be patient. They act more slowly than synthetic drugs. But regular procedures will certainly have an effect.